The set you receive should contain a plastic bag with a substrate, make sure to not remove the substrate from the plastic bag. When opening the packaging, check if the substrate has grown completely white, otherwise close the packaging using the plastic lid and store for 10-14 days at 20-25’C.
- To start the cultivation process, make five 2-3cm incisions in the plastic containing the substrate.
- Water the substrate with ¼ litre of water, so that the soil is moist.
- Place the lid back on the set and keep it at 20-25’c.
- After 2 weeks, white pins will appear.
- Place the container in a light position at a temperature of 10-15’c, out of direct sunlight.
- Do not allow the surface to become dry, moisten daily with a spray of water
- From the white stems, small stems with grey dots appear, the so-called “cluster”, continue to spray the mushrooms daily to prevent them from drying out.
- Total harvesting time may extend to three months.
- A cluster must be pulled out from the substrate with a twisting movement, making sure that no part of the flesh remains in the substrate.
- Before consumption, trim the mushrooms 1cm below the gills.
- The stems, which are slightly tougher, can be used to make soup or a sauce.
Now the cycle repeats itself. You can harvest 3 times from the set. Before each harvest, make 5 new incisions in the plastic.