Ready to learn about our favourite front door plants and design tips? Your front door is the gateway to your home, and what better way to make a lasting impression than with a stunning array of plants and flowers adorning your entrance? In this article, we’ve handpicked the top 20 front door plants that will bring colour, beauty, and charm to your home throughout the seasons.
Overview of our top 20 front door plants
- Buxus balls
- Bird of Paradise
- Topiary Bay Trees
- Magnolia Shrub
- Japanese Anemone Plants
- Topiary – Olives, Yew & Other Plant Types
- Ornamental Grass
For more details on these plants, read below.
5 Top Tips for Designing With Front Door Plants
- Group of potted plants: Grouping potted plants around the front door is a great way to add more greenery, especially if you have a driveway, as potted plants can soften the hard landscaping.
- Add climbers: If stairs lead up to your front door, grow a climbing plant to emphasise your guests’ direction, or grow them around the front door to frame the main location. Wisteria, Jasmine and Roses are perfect for this task.
- Add fun planters: Add some more interest by mixing up the sizes and designs of the pots and planters around your door. Mix the colours of the planters and flowers to create a fun aesthetic. For bonus points, if you have children or grandchildren, get them to decorate the planters to add a cherished memory you will see every time you enter the house.
- Mix textures: Consider adding different textures for interest. Ornamental grasses and ferns are great for planting and mixing different textures with flowers.
- Go oversized: Have a big entranceway? Add larger plants like patio trees or topiary to balance the space and size.